Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Tonsillitis Anyone

Since last Saturday, I have been stuck in bed for the vast majority of the day. Luckily Hal was home to pick up the slack and play chef (or take out picker upper). Yesterday, I was finally able to go to the doctor who diagnosed me with Acute Tonsillitis. Why is it I always get sick over the weekend or a holiday? Why not just go to an after hours clinic you might wonder-because they are all run by doctors who barley passed med school. I have had one to many bad experiences to ever go back to one. Needless to say our weekend was a bust. We were finally going to buy a king mattress and bed, but due to this lame tonsillitis we are still on a queen. Since my tonsils are often a cause of discomfort the next step is seeing an Ear, Nose, and Throat specialist who will (hopefully) tell me to get them taken out or just suffer 3-4 times a year. Let's just hope Hal and Kennedy don't pick up anything and put a damper on our Texas trip.

**Side note** Did anyone watch the premiere of 90210 last night? Of course I watched it, but I have mixed feelings so far. I'm not loving it or hating it yet. I have a problem with comparing it to the original. I'll give it a few more episodes, but so far it's not living up to the 90210 I love.

5 comments:

Heather said...

sorry nein...... you need to get your tonsils out ASAP!!! it will change your life.

i went to nyc last week and was in ut for 2 days for a baby blessing. not enough time to see anyone.

but i need to make another trip soon so i can see everyone!!

fell better!!! :)

xoxo
h

Heather said...

ps...... gossip girl?

i am obsessed!!!

Amy said...

I am so sorry that you got sick! I have had that too many times to ever wish it on anyone!!!
I didn't watch it (we don't have tv) but I do know that Kellen (Emmett in the Twilight movie) Is supposed to be in it.

Alaina said...

I totally agree about the after hours clinic! Once Josh cut his arm open really deep at work- we took him to have it stitched at one of those joints and they didn't think to stitch the inside layer just the outside! He continued to bleed inside his arm causing a huge painfull burise. Nice! How they get past OSHA is a wonder!!

Breeana said...

I hope you get to feeling better - that really stinks!