Monday, May 5, 2008

What is it

with kids and toilet water and dog food? Kennedy is obsessed, and I really mean obsessed with either trying to swim in the toilet, any toilet (yuck!) or eat Sadie's dog food. The safety latch we bought for the toilet has failed us one too many times. She knows how to take it off. Anything heavy we put on the toilet just gets pushed off. It is great fun trying to get ready in the morning with one leg one the toilet, and Kennedy trying to push it off and crying because she can't. I have even cleaned the toilet to perfection just to let her play in it, and get it out of her system. I think that only made the obsession worse. And then poor Sadie only gets to eat when Kennedy is asleep because her food is always blocked off. Other wise Kennedy will sneak over and have her self a little snack. It is so pleasant when she has just eaten the dog food and then comes over for a kiss. Her breath is delightful. Oh the glorious days of having a toddler.

3 comments:

Ian Williams said...

I miss you guys. I am glad to see that all is well with your family. ;) That is funny about Kennedy. Good luck with that. I wouldn't call it obsession it sound better as determination. love ya

Amy said...

Maybe you should put a bowl of fruit snacks by the toilet so then it would satisfy both of her cravings! I was so excited about Liam starting to walk, but his post is giving me second thoughts. I have started to push him down whenever he starts to take steps...I hope you know I am totally kidding! Good luck with this very fun toddler phase. I know that I just love cleaning up my bathroom 13 times a day because Liam has cleaned out the drawers. I will say a prayer of thanks that he has not found the toilet...YET!

STRINGHAM FAMILY said...

i think i might be sick to my stomach...i am a little too ocd for that. good luck!!!