Saturday, October 16, 2010

4 Months

It has been forever since I last blogged. I'm thinking I will blog once a month when we take Shelby's monthly picture to record her growing. These days either I'm just to tired or don't have the time, hopefully that changes soon. Well this last month has been a crazy busy one for us. We moved back into our house which was hell. Yes, moving with an infant and busy bee toddler really sucked for us. Really it would not have been such a big deal if we weren't selling our house at the same time. Add moving, showings, unpacking, and repairs from our renters (whom I curse daily) on top of normal day to day stuff will make any one go crazy. But we are all moved in, with the exception of a few boxes and just have a little more organizing to do. But we are in need of a huge vacation for sure.

On a positive note the girls are cuter then ever. Shelby is sooo fun these days I love it. Car rides are finally bearable now that she will put her self to sleep instead of screaming bloody murder every time we go any where. Were thinking a tooth will arrive in the next few weeks because that child drools puddles. She is now weighing in at 17lbs 10 oz and is 24.5 inches long, and believe it or not has actually slowed down a bit in the weight gain area. I get lost in her big beautiful blue eyes on a daily basis, and I'm addicted to kissing her chubby cheeks a zillion times a day. Her laugh and giggles always put me in a better mood, and when it's Kennedy making her laugh it's the best sound ever. She puts everything in her mouth except a Binky, but now sucks her thumb. With Kennedy, I wouldn't let her suck her thumb but with Shelby I encourage it. It's better then nothing that's for sure. Just today we started her on cereal, of course she hated it but there was no major gagging so maybe she will come around sooner then later.

Kennedy is at that age where on a daily basis says the funniest things ever. She is so independent which is great, but because she is so independent we butt heads all the time. I have control issues, so no surprise that it will happen daily. If I'm in the kitchen she is right next to me being my little helper. And of course Sadie is not to far hoping to get a scrap here and there. She is loving preschool, and is learning so much. The car ride home after I have picked her up from school is always hilarious as she tries to remember what she learned. She really is the best big sister. She is always right there to help with Shelby or trying to make her happy when she is crying. It really is so sweet to watch. She finally has her own room, and tells us every day to take our shoes off so we don't get her "princess" rug dirty. And within the last few months all the these little different things she was afraid of no longer effect her any more. Like I used to not be able to blow dry her hair, now I get to blow dry and round brush it. She will stay outside when the lawn mower is on and wont run away cause it's loud and scary. Just little different things that show us she is becoming such a big girl (tear).

These days I find myself getting caught up in the stress of day to day life, and I'm not appreciating all the good things in my life. But sitting here thinking and typing about the girls reminds me just how blessed we really are. I just need to relax a little more and just enjoy. These few sweet years with the girls will be gone in a snap. I think I need to tattoo "RELAX, ENJOY, APPRECIATE" on my arm as a daily reminder. Anyhoo, here are some pic's of the cutie pies:

This picture of Shelby was taken over a month ago. Her first time in this toy, but she loved it the second I put her in. Her face says it all, so funny

Pumpkin time!! We didn't go to our usual pumpkin patch this year, we just went to a garden store because of all their fun props. But after we bought our pumpkins we immediately wished we went to the other place. We over paid for sure

Daddy and the girls!

One of the only times Shelby looked up at the camera. You even get a glimpse of her cute belly

The top pic you can see Shelby trying to eat the ghost, such a stinker


Sisters

" Ahoy May-tee!"Kennedy discovered here she could turn the wheel of the pirate ship.



Cheezer! Kennedy really wouldn't look at the camera this day either

Our new babysitter, she looks a little thin if you ask me

Kennedy couldn't be more excited about her pumpkins. Everyday she goes out side to make sure they are all there. But our selection is weak, so we will be going to the pumpkin patch for more

I love babies in hats, Shelby on the other hand wasn't having it

This is how she felt about the hat, better in her mouth then on her head

One of the days I got to round brush Kennedy's hair. I was so happy

A little nighttime thumb sucking, so dang cute!

Mmm pancakes for lunch & Kennedy being the best little helper. Look at how good her form is turning the pancake. It was a proud Mommy moment for sure

These two pictures sum up Shelby's opinion towards cereal
She would rather have this toy in her mouth

Random: If you know me, you know I am sucker for Red Velvet. I found a recipe for Red Velvet cookies and of course had to make them. They were actually tasty, and really easy to make. I might just add them to the holiday cookie menu

Thank you Betterhomes and Gardens annual "Christmas Cookie" edition. You will be responsible for helping add to my the holiday pounds

2 comments:

Amy said...

It's fun to see your old front door and kitchen again! I hope things settle down for you soon. It's so crazy to think that you have two girls and I will have two boys...WEIRD! They are adorable, though!

The Stringham's said...

YOur girls are too darling! I love the pumpkin pictures. And those desserts look delightful!