This last week was such a bad week for us. Last Thursday at 3am Kennedy woke up and threw up. That lasted every two hours for the rest of the day. She could not hold any thing down, and was not having any wet diapers so we ended up taking her to Primary Children's Hospital. They had her drink, and even gave her a Popsicle to see if she would keep it down. Nope...30 min later it ended up all over me. Luckily it was grape so the smell was delightful(insert sarcasm). So they put her on an IV which was horrible, horrible to watch. Poor girl was so exhausted she passed out two seconds after it was in. Two hours later they sent us home saying it is either the stomach flu or possibly a kidney infection (but not likely) and told us what to watch for.
(good pic for a phone don't ya think?)
Day 2- She would scream and freak out every time she peed. So we thought it was a UTI, or maybe she really did have a kidney infection. So I took her to her normal doc. In order to test for a UTI they had to do a catheter which was almost worse then the IV. But they couldn't get it in (of course), so they taped a bag to her and we played the waiting game. Two hours later nata, so we went home. Of course she goes when we are half way home, and now the doctors office is closed.
Day 3- I drive back to the doc's office to drop off her bag of goodies. They test it and it comes back negative. Good news, but why does she scream bloody murder when she goes to the bathroom? Day three the throwing up is back and brought it's friend diarrhea with it. Poor girl is just a mess, but we were told this could happen so we think stomach flu. She still wont eat and is barley drinking and not having any wet diapers. We are prepared to take her back to Primary's and she finally has a wet diaper.
Day 4- 2am she wakes me up because she is shaking the bed, shivering and freezing cold. She has not had a temp since Thursday so were freaking out again. We call Primary's explain the events of the day, and the nurse says she probably has a parasite and needs to be seen right away, especially if her temp wont go down. We decide after a lot of praying to wait until the morning. We call our reg doctors office who said even if it was a parasite she couldn't be treated for 48 hours until the test results come back. Since it was Sunday we decided to wait until Monday to take her back in. The rest of the day she slept, still wouldn't eat, but would actually drink so we were hopeful.
Day 5- At this point I was going to have them run every test in the book. Every day she was having new and different symptoms, and was not getting better... it was ridiculous. We see her normal doctor (who was not in the office last time) who made us feel sooooo much better. He actually explained things to us when we were getting vague answers and a lot of maybe's before. She was tested for a parasite anyway, which luckily came back negative. After another day of throwing up and not eating or drinking or having regular wet diapers I was about to seriously go mental. We are told to just wait it out because her symptoms were not worse just the same.
But day six she wakes up happy, hungry and thirsty. And has been normal since. It was crazy, she woke up absolutely fine. Turned out to be a nasty virus that I hope never, ever, ever comes back. I know this was a lot of info to post (and I still left out a lot of details) but this whole experience was traumatizing for us to its cathartic to share.
**** Funny and Random **** Hal got his first ticket today. The man has never gotten a ticket before, ever. He was mad but I think it is funny. I get one every once in a while and he will act all holier then thou about how great he is for not having even one ticket. MMMHMM, not any more babe :)



6 comments:
I am so glad to hear that she is better. When Jordan had toddler diarrhea, I thought it would never end. We can't wait to see you guys...are you ready for this? Oh, and Hal getting a ticket...priceless!
Sooo glad she is feeling and doing better. It is so hard on the Whole family when the kids get sick. It is so scary. That happend to Linc a few times when he was younger. Random things and every day was dif.
Have fun in Texas.
xoxo
That sounds awful! I'm so glad she's feeling better.
I am so, so sorry! I really hope she is back to her normal cute self.
I'm so sorry! I'm glad she still feeling better, that's so weird.
awww nein, that is horrible, at least she is feeling better and now you have a good story to tell :) !
Post a Comment