
Yesterday morning I finally got my tonsil's and adenoid's out (I included a picture in case you didn't know what adenoid's were either). I was in and out what seemed pretty fast. But it probably seemed so fast because anesthesia makes you forget everything. The surgery went really well, and recovering yesterday was actually not to bad. They have me on Percocet which helps with the pain really well. However, instead of making me drowsy like it should, I makes me wide awake. Which is why I am blogging at 5:30 in the morning. I actually only slept for one hour yesterday after surgery which was a little disapointing, because I thought I would be taking a nice long well deserved nap. When I call the doc today I hope he tells me I can take a sleeping pill at night. Seriously, I have more energy then I normally do on any given day. I would be really lucky if over the next week this is my only complaint. But I'm told when the scabs fall off in the back around day four or five the real pain begins. I hope I stay lucky and that does not happen.
Hal was really fantastic with Kennedy yesterday. But it was really funny that by 7 pm he was exhausted. At eight he kept asking "is it time to put her to bed now?". Over the last few days I did all the grocery shopping, laundry, cleaning and misc errands to make it easier on him. So all he has to do is focus on Kennedy. It kinda made me a little happy that he was so tired yesterday from taking care of her, is that wrong. But it was his first entire day of taking care of her and the surgery got him all stressed out, so I guess he can be tired. "Your a fantastic Daddy babe!! Love you love you!!". Now if the energy keeps up and I'm bored from resting all the time, I might just have to blog about anything and everything to make the hours pass. So if you read an entry about pens and paper or the color of paint or something else random and boring. Don't worry I'm just passing time.
Friday, December 12, 2008
Tonsil's Out
Posted by Janine at 5:27 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
Percocet puts me out for hours on end! I love it! You go ahead and blog about anything you want! I hope you feel better (in the next couple of days.) Hal is a good daddy!
Good luck with recovering! That's so nice of your hubby.
I'm sorry your feeling crappy, it will get better. You made the right decision and when it's all done you'll be happy about it!
Post a Comment