Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Weekend of Bliss

This last weekend I was in St. George with a fantastic group of friends. Just the ladies all weekend, no schedules, no kids, no husbands. This was my first time leaving Kennedy longer then a few hours so of course I was sad and shed a few tears. But knew Hal would be OK, so the anxiety of leaving quickly left. I wasn't going to go with everything I still needed to do for the up coming show in Texas, but I was in desperate need of a little R&R so I had to go. Of course I forgot my camera, and no one else brought one either. The only evidence I have of this weekend is my painful sunburn. I was not the brightest and didn't put one drop of sunblock on until it was to late. As soon as I'm done peeling and looking like a "hot mess" (that's for you Erica) I'm hoping the pain and ugliness turn into some color that my albino body was in desperate need of. All weekend we laid out, did a little shopping which of course ended up being for the kids not our selves. And we talked all day and all night, literally. It was relaxing and so much fun, exactly what I needed. The next get away will be in two years so we can all celebrate our 30th birthdays together and escape from the daily grind. I'm already looking forward to that. Erica, Vanessa, Angie, Lauren thanks again!!!! Love YA

4 comments:

Erica Roberts said...

Couldn't agree more. Fantastic weekend!!!

STRINGHAM FAMILY said...

Dang, i missed it but i am in for the one in 2 years! There is no way i am missin it again.

Thekrogwoman said...

It was for sure a winner!! Loved the no schedule, even for just a few days! Can't wait for the next one!

Sarah said...

Sounds like fun!