Thursday, January 22, 2009

Finally...I Got The Guts To Do It


I don't know how many of you did this, but I kept my bouquet from our wedding day. It has never once been displayed in eight years, because I think dry flowers are ugly. It has just been collecting dust and making a mess. So today, I finally got the nerve to throw it away. I convinced my self that we have hundreds of pictures from our wedding day with me holding it, and the memories will always be there. No need to keep dry, ugly flowers around any longer. And surprisingly it felt fantastic to be rid of it. So those of you who might be holding on... it's time to let go.

3 comments:

Sarah said...

Your so funny. At first I thought you were going to say, you finally decided to display them. Ya, I still have mine but not sure where it is.

Alaina said...

Good for you sista!! I did that as well several years ago. It was good to see you guys for a min today before I had to run off to work.

Natalie said...

That's funny. I actually had mine professionally preserved and shadow boxed and it's sitting on a shelf in our bedroom...collecting dust. And if it didn't cost what it cost to do that, I would throw it away. How stupid that we feel like we need to save dead flowers. Preserved or not, what's the point. I have plenty of pictures of the day and saving flowers in a glass case really mean nothing to me. What am I going to do with them, ever? So, kudos to you!